Thursday, December 23, 2021

Police officers swiped flood victim's food?





Cops looking into claim police officers swiped flood victim's food

Police are looking into a claim on social media that its officers allegedly swiped the food of flood victims.

"I'm looking into it," Selangor police chief Arjunaidi Mohamed told Malaysiakini briefly when asked about the claim.

The claim came from a resident of Taman Sri Muda in Shah Alam, one of the worst-hit areas of the flash floods caused by a tropical depression last weekend.

"Ordered from Grab. Grab guy told me they can't come to my area because it's dangerous, so I had to walk for an hour to collect my food at the police tent.

"The minute I went there, the police guys took my food which is in the white plastic and finished. They put all the trash inside and stared at me.

"I told them that's my food and I ordered it from Grab because there was a receipt on the plastic," she said on Instagram.

She added that the police later told her to return home.

"I had to walk back home for another one hour and find food," she said.

Her Instagram post was circulated by her cousin on Twitter and had since garnered almost 17,000 retweets.

Roof-level floodwater in Taman Sri Muda took more than two days to recede.

The federal and state governments have faced criticism over their poor rescue response. Instead, volunteer rescuers were among the first on the scene.

Residents were trapped on roofs overnight without food and electricity.

The National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma) were among the agencies which faced strong criticism, prompting the National Security Council to take over.

My cousin, from Taman Sri Muda had to walk all the way to the police tent for an hour to get her food she ordered.
The police men ate it all.
Her family and her has not eaten for a day.
Shameful people.



No comments:

Post a Comment