Sunday, September 18, 2022

I changed parties on principle, says Zaid, back in Umno




I changed parties on principle, says Zaid, back in Umno


Zaid Ibrahim returned to Umno after leaving the party in 2008 and joining PKR, Kita and DAP.


PETALING JAYA: Zaid Ibrahim, who recently returned to Umno, has defended his past decisions to move from one party to another, saying he moved on principle and not because he coveted positions.

Zaid has been with PKR, Kita, and DAP in the years after he was sacked from Umno in 2008. He rejoined Umno last month.


He said his track record proved that seats and party positions were never a factor for him when swapping parties. “I was never given any party posts,” he said.

His experiences at the various parties had been valuable as he saw their good and bad sides, he said.

“I migrated to other parties as I was in search of the best model for our country. So I never felt ashamed about going to another party as I have never strayed from my principles,” said Zaid in an interview with FMT.

On his decision to return to Umno, Zaid said it had nothing to do with standing in the 15th general election, adding he would turn it down even if offered a seat.

A former MP for Kota Bharu, Zaid said he only wanted to help strengthen Umno as it needed help in its current state of uncertainty. “I still believe political stability in the country hinges on a strong Malay party,” he said.

2 comments:

  1. Wakakaka...Zaid Ibrahim is the ultimate chameleon ..UMNO to PKR to KITA to DAP , back to UMNO..
    A new version of Zaid Ibrahim, always "on principle", reappears every few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) “I was never given any party posts,” he said."

    Comment: yes..perhaps that explains why he stayed a short time in each party

    2) "So I never felt ashamed about going to another party as I have never strayed from my principles,” said Zaid in an interview with FMT."

    Comment - yeah..right

    ReplyDelete