Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wasting precious pearls

Many of my visitors have from time to time complained about my verbosity in several of my posts - they like them short & sharp.


But there are times when long-windedness has been therapeutic for me, wakakaka, and the only medium I can indulge myself on being tng k'ooi (Canto = ch'ong hei) is via my blog posts.

But okay lah, I'll post a series of quickies for your reading convenience but they will be so short you may be required to work out what each means, wakakaka.

First one: Casting pearls before swines.

Lately I feel I've been guilty of doing exactly what the above English idiom advises against.

The idiom came from Yehoshua ben Yosef's sermon on the Mount. Matthew 7:6 tells us what Yehoshua ben Yosef said:

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you




2 comments:

  1. http://news.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20090227-125024.html

    CK will explain in details with your writings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearls formed over a long period of time are beautiful, precious, rare, valuable, and hard to obtain. You have to go deep in order to obtain those treasures. We must never take the pearls of our lives for granted.

    Now, my confession and prayers: God, thank you for your forgiveness for all those times in my past when others did so much for me that I didn’t acknowledge and appreciate. I was naïve, ignorant and too proud to really be grateful of what was being done for me. Enough is enough! God, thank you for every person (KT inclusive) you have sent to advise me and to be a blessing to me. I ask you now to help me be a blessing and be of good to someone else who is just as I once was. Thank you, God. Amen.

    ReplyDelete