Monday, April 17, 2023

Noh: Najib told me not to turn my back on Umno







Noh: Najib told me not to turn my back on Umno


Noh Omar said former Umno president Najib Abdul Razak had told him to be "patient" and not turn his back on the party.

Speaking to reporters in Tanjong Karang, Selangor, yesterday, the former Selangor Umno chief said he last met Najib, whom he strongly supported, sometime earlier this year.

"I'm still close with Najib. I managed to see him in court after (I was) sacked from Umno.

"We exchanged greetings and chatted. Najib advised me to be patient and not leave the party," said Noh, according to Utusan Online.

Noh (above) was sacked from Umno in late January. He was initially handed a six-year suspension during an Umno supreme council meeting.


Former Umno president Najib Abdul Razak


Noh, 65, protested during the meeting and said he preferred to be expelled from the party instead, to which party president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi obliged.

His expulsion, along with that of former Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin, sent shockwaves as both were considered key Umno figures.

At the time, the party expelled or suspended several members accused of sabotaging BN during the 2022 general election.

Noh and Khairy have chosen not to appeal.

Meanwhile, Noh claimed that he rejected Perikatan Nasional's offer to be its candidate after BN did not allow him to defend the Tanjong Karang seat.

"I firmly rejected PN's overtures because I am loyal to Umno. In the end, action was taken against me for upholding the truth," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment