Monday, May 30, 2005

Schapelle Corby Story - The Poisonous Support!

I would like to thank the press from the heart of my bottom.
- Nick Faldo

One of the two Queen’s Counsellors assigned by the Australian government to advise Schapelle Corby, Tom Percy, stated on ABC radio today exactly what I have been saying all along – about the unhelpful media frenzy surrounding the case. I posted that a TV channel's main aim appears to be nothing more than emotional trawling to (1) rack up the TV Channel’s rating, and (2) well and good if it comes along, get public opinion behind Corby.

But the media circus (Percy's term) have been actually adverse to Corby’s case.

As I blogged early this morning, most of the actions surrounding the Corby case, either by the media or Corby's legal defence team, have been nothing more than a circus a la the Lindy Chamberlain case. Percy has been more diplomatic with his comments on the Corby's defence team.

Percy stated to ABC radio:

"I've absolutely no doubt at all she's innocent, I've not the slightest doubt. I have no doubt at all that other people have got better results over there because the whole matter was kept a lot quieter."

Isn't that just a bloody crying shame?

Please read my earlier posting (2 weeks ago), Schapelle Corby – A Study in Unhelpful Media Frenzy, on the disgraceful media behaviour, which Percy assessed as being detrimental to Schapelle Corby’s case.

In that posting I wrote:

Hell is paved with good intentions. And these idiots know diddly squat (f***all) about Indonesian mores, feelings and pride!

Other related postings on the Schapelle Corby Case:
(1) Australian Rednecks Jeopardise the Corby Case
(2) Unhelpful Extra-Legal Support for Schapelle Corby
(3) Schapelle Corby – Behind the Scene
(4) Schapelle Corby Case – Further Observations
(5) Schapelle Corby Case – Hell Paved with Good Intentions

No comments:

Post a Comment