Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Ex-Pahang MB Adnan Yaakob announces retirement from politics







Ex-Pahang MB Adnan Yaakob announces retirement from politics


Former Pahang menteri besar Adnan Yaakob, who held the Pelangai state seat for eight consecutive terms, announced his retirement from politics.

The Umno veteran announced this when debating the Pahang 2023 Budget Bill at the state legislative assembly earlier today.

"As we are all well aware, the Pahang state assembly will be dissolved soon, so I take this as my last speech in this assembly before I fully retire," he said.

Adnan then thanked those who were with him since his time leading the Pahang state government.

He held the menteri besar position for 19 years from 1999 until 2018.

Adnan expressed his intention to retire in 2016 but did not follow through as he felt there was yet to be a leader capable enough to replace him as menteri besar.

"I have been too long in politics, I feel that I should retire," he reportedly said.

During his speech today, the politician also praised current Menteri Besar Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail, whom he described as someone who can hold his temperament and has the experience and capability to lead Pahang.

"I believe Wan Rosdy would be able to lead BN in this election and form the state government again after this election."


No comments:

Post a Comment