Thursday, September 23, 2021

Najib hurls brickbats at DAP MP: “Who is abusing whose power?”



Najib hurls brickbats at DAP MP: “Who is abusing whose power?”



FORMER Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak lashed out at DAP MP RSN Rayer for accusing him of bullying Inland Revenue Board (IRB) officers over a police report lodged.

“Yesterday, Rayer told me not to misuse my position to bully IRB officers in regards to allegation of abuse of power and use of forged documents on my tax case.

“Tell me what position did I misuse and who am I bullying? I have witnesses and documents to prove my claim. It’s up to the police to decide on the matter, not me,” he said in a Facebook post.



On Sept 8, Najib lodged a police report against the IRB director-general and several of its officers for allegedly “over-taxing” him.

In a Facebook post, Najib said he had forwarded evidence against IRB to the police, claiming several IRB officers had abused their authorities and falsified documents in a tax case against him.

Open challenge

The Pekan MP also alleged that there was a “top IRB official” who ordered the tax penalties to be levelled against him, at the behest of certain politicians.

Yesterday, Bukit Aman commercial crime investigation department director Datuk Mohd Kamarudin Md Din confirmed that the police were investigating the matter under Section 468 of the Penal Code, which prompted Rayer to tell Najib not to bully IRB officers, during a speech at the Dewan Rakyat.

On that note, Najib offered Rayer an open invitation for him to bring tax experts and talk to his legal team on the facts of his case.

“Bring your own team of experts and find out yourself if the accrued tax sum levelled against me is valid or not. Dare to take up my challenge, Rayer?” he asked. – Sept 23, 2021


2 comments:

  1. BossKu is Economic Advisor to PM, this means he has access to the ears of the most powerful person in the country, the man who can hire and fire IGP and MACC bosses. He is also the Former Finance Minister, the guy who appoints the Boss of LHDN. Rayer is a mere MP. Hindu some more...ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete