News from Malaysiakini, Utusan Malaysia and Star Online:
(1) Dr Mahathir has stopped his vocal support of Najib as the next PM. I personally doubt Dr M will transfer his support to Ku Li. I guess Johorean Muhyiddin Yassin might be on the ascendancy. This is going to bugger the UMNO Da Vinci code ;-)
(2) Khir Toyo bravely predicted that SIL won't be contesting UMNO Youth No 1. Looks like 08 March 2008 changed a lot of things.
(3) Our amazing police may call up Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng over a statement he made on the New Economic Policy. This is in contrast to police inaction over the racist incitement to violence by a former Malacca CM, who commented on the Hindraf rally by stating: “The Malays have never taken the street so do not force us to do so as we will draw our parang (machete) to defend the Ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacy) in this country.”
(4) Ezam Mohamed Noor advised us to be suspicious of the very conservative Jerusalem Post talking about Anwar Ibrahim as a future PM. He said "Sejak kebelakangan ini, sudah terlalu banyak percaturan politik yang menggadaikan maruah negara. Saya juga ada alasan untuk bimbang mengenai perkara ini."
" ... itu merupakan satu lagi usaha pemimpin seperti Anwar mengejar cita-cita dalam dunia politik."
(5) Selangor exco members will submit their assets details to the mentri besar every six months but only 'general information' of their declarations would be made public (whatever that means).
We used to criticise BN ministers for submitting their asset details only to the PM as not good enough. Well ..... ?
Looks like the acorn doesn't fall far from the oak tree.