Thursday, October 07, 2021

I ‘sacrificed’ myself for Najib on social media, says Rosmah



I ‘sacrificed’ myself for Najib on social media, says Rosmah


Rosmah Mansor arriving at the court in Kuala Lumpur. She said she had to bear the brunt of attacks on social media when Najib Razak was prime minister. (Bernama pic)

KUALA LUMPUR: Rosmah Mansor, who is facing corruption charges linked to solar project for rural schools in Sarawak, said she had to bear the brunt of attacks on social media when Najib Razak was prime minister.

She said Najib had once told her that the criticism was actually aimed at him but she became the soft target on social media.

“I was prepared to sacrifice myself for my husband. I had to take it because I am the wife of a politician, more so Najib,” she said when cross-examined by deputy public prosecutor Gopal Sri Ram.

Sri Ram: You agree that you were very much in the limelight compared to wives of other prime ministers?

Rosmah: If that is so, thank you.

Rosmah said she led a “very busy life” as the wife of Najib who became prime minister in 2009.

She said the wives of previous prime ministers were not so active on the social front, unlike her involvement in early childhood programmes (Permata). She said she was also frequently asked to give speeches.

“When Najib was appointed prime minister, I led a very very busy life. I was also asked to give keynote addresses overseas,” she said.

Rosmah said no one gave her the title First Lady of Malaysia (FLOM) but it was there for administrative purposes.

“I am not sure if Dr Siti Hasmah Mohamad Ali or my mother-in-law Rahah Mohamed Noah held the title,” she said.

Siti is the wife of Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who was the fifth and seventh prime minister. The late Rahah was the spouse of second prime minister Razak Hussein, Najib’s father.

Rosmah said she did not have an office in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and all her affairs were handled by a special officer, Siti Azizah Sheikh Abod.

“She was assigned to me as I was the prime minister’s wife. She was the link person between me and the PMO,” she said.

She also dismissed a suggestion by Sri Ram that she used her ex-aide Rizal Mansor to collect money from Jepak Holdings Sdn Bhd’s managing director Saidi Abang Samsudin and his assistant Rayyan Radzwill Abdullah.

Rosmah, 69, is accused of soliciting RM187.5 million from Saidi, through Rizal, as an inducement to help the company secure the solar project through direct negotiation with the education ministry.

She is also accused with two counts of receiving bribes amounting to RM1.5 million in 2016 and another RM5 million in 2017 from Saidi.

Hearing before trial judge Mohamed Zaini Mazlan adjourned to Oct 21.

3 comments:

  1. GUILTY AND DIE SOON WITH TUN DR MAti tak lama lagi you SCUMBAG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides as an Entertainer, Bonnie is doing a great job as a prosecution witness, but the court case is in the Defence stage right? Ayam confused...ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete