Wednesday, March 17, 2021

"New" normal - "New" DAP's C.A.T

FMT:

Sorry I lost my cool, says DAP’s Kampar MP


Thomas Su (seated left) and M Kula Segaran surrounded by their supporters during the commotion. (Screenshot from Sin Chew FB page)

PETALING JAYA: DAP’s Kampar MP today apologised for an uproar he caused at the party’s Perak-level elections on Sunday, saying he regretted his actions.

Explaining why he was vocal with his objections, Thomas Su said he was upset that registration of voters was still being carried out after the “cut-off” time.

Su said he had found out that the late registration was to bring in supporters of a certain “group”, which was improper.

He said that when they continued to ignore his call to stop registering the latecomers, he lost his cool.

“Against my better judgment, I lost my composure and raised my voice, which triggered a war of words between members that snowballed into the incident as reported by the media,” he said in a statement.

“I take responsibility for the incident. I recognise that my actions have tarnished my party’s reputation and my own public image and I hereby do unreservedly express my regret and apologies.”

Su welcomed an investigation into the incident by DAP’s central executive committee, which is the party’s top leadership.

“I believe my hope is in line with what DAP has been striving for – fair and transparent elections,” he said.

About 2,000 delegates from more than 300 DAP branches took part in the convention, held every three years.

Perak DAP chief Nga Kor Ming retained the state chairmanship by garnering 1,228 votes. V Sivakumar received the same number of votes and was made deputy chief.

They were followed by Tebing Tinggi assemblyman Abdul Aziz Bari (1,224 votes) and Sungkai assemblyman A Sivanesan (1,223). Both were appointed vice-chairmen.

Trailing them were Pantai Remis assemblyman Wong May Ing (1,220) and Nga’s cousin, Ngeh Koo Ham (1,216). Ngeh, who is also the Beruas MP, was made Perak DAP adviser.

Su and Ipoh Barat MP M Kulasegaran polled 550 and 540 votes, respectively.

Under the party’s constitution, the 15 top elected candidates will proceed to choose the office bearers, including the posts of chairman, deputy chairman and two vice-chairmen.


3 comments:

  1. DAP state level election saja everyone so passionate, but MCA national convention yawn yawn, boleh tidur, KT oso not interested to blog about it. But so lucu....got karate chop chop and rotten eggs in empty basket....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42 lawan 13,masih kalah, wakakaka

      sebabnya boh laam phar wakakaka again

      Delete
  2. i am still waiting for lks statement, y take so long one?

    ReplyDelete