Saturday, December 24, 2022

Batang Kali landslide: 'I will be your son in the next life', says son in touching tribute to late mother



The Star:

Batang Kali landslide: 'I will be your son in the next life', says son in touching tribute to late mother



PETALING JAYA: "When I went for my first camping trip, you and daddy came and took me home. This was your first camping trip but you had to leave me."

Ling Zi Xuang, 19, who survived the Batang Kali landslide but lost his mother in the incident, penned the moving tribute to his mother, Liu Pei Si and other teachers from SJKC Mun Choong on his Facebook page.


"I will be your son in the next life and I will be the teachers' student again in the next life," wrote Zi Xuang.

He said he was thankful for having a dream about them together several nights ago.

"All of you were together and seemed happy. Although you all did not say anything, you were all smiling.

"I wish you all to be happy in another place," he shared.

"Although there are not many pictures of us, I will keep everything in my memory," he said, adding that he also wished others he met at the campsite to rest "happily" in another place.

Zi Xuang's post was accompanied by a picture of him as a child riding pillion on a bicycle with Liu.

"Mummy, you were the one who rode with me when I did not know how to ride a bicycle. I know how to cycle now but I never rode with you.

The young man also expressed how he missed his mother, and recalled when they would celebrate her birthday.

"I always said I wanted to treat you to a big feast. But I couldn't afford it as I was still in school.

"If there is any food you wish to try, you can come into my dreams and tell me," he said.

Zi Xuang's father, David Ling Mun Siong, shared his post and wrote, "In the next life, we will be family."

Liu was among the 30 people who died in the landslide at Father's Organic Farm on Dec 16.

Zi Xuang, who was there with his mother, escaped with injuries to his spine. He was only told of his mother's death after he had recovered and was more emotionally stable at the hospital ward.

The ongoing search and rescue (SAR) operation is in its eighth day on Friday, focusing primarily on locating the final victim, an 11-year-old boy.

林子轩
on Wednesday

Liu Pei Si 咪啊在我还不会骑脚车时妳载着我,可是我会骑了却没载过妳。

还记得我第一次露营妳和爸爸就到门口来接我了,可是现在妳第一次露营却把我“踢”出来了。

妈咪妳生日我们都会一起和妳庆祝,每次说请妳吃大餐可是上学的我没有那么多钱,现在妳有什么想吃的妳可以报梦给我。

...See more
May be an image of 6 people, people standing, bicycle and road
May be an image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors
May be an image of 3 people and people sitting



1 comment:

  1. How sad and truly heartbreaking.

    May those who perished rest in eternal peace.

    ReplyDelete