Tuesday, August 13, 2024

I prefer being MB, says Amirudin on cabinet entry rumours








I prefer being MB, says Amirudin on cabinet entry rumours

Published: Aug 13, 2024 7:43 PM



Amirudin Shari prefers being the Selangor menteri besar rather than being elevated as a minister at the federal level.

However, Amirudin said he would abide by party instructions nonetheless.

“For the continuity of the Selangor administration, I prefer to remain the menteri besar as I want to ensure all the plans under the First Selangor Plan (RS-1) reach the rakyat and that we fulfil what was promised.

“However, as a party member, I will follow what is entrusted upon me today and in the future,” the PKR vice-president told the media in Shah Alam, today.

The Gombak MP was responding to a news report quoting sources that said he would replace a PKR minister in an upcoming cabinet reshuffle.

Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, however, dismissed such a report, saying that he had “not heard” of any reshuffle plans.

“Who’s going to reshuffle? I’m serious, I haven’t heard such a thing,” he said.

Elaborating, Amirudin questioned the motive behind the spreading of such rumours, which have already been circulated many times in the past.

“I don’t know what the news (of the reshuffle) intends to do but if they were anything to go by, I would have ceased being a menteri besar a long time ago,” he said.

Separately, Amirudin also denied a reported reshuffle in the Selangor exco line-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment