Thursday, February 10, 2022

Love Fahmi Reza's satire and his piggy's

theVibes.com:

Fahmi Reza ‘apologises’ to all pigs for equating them to ministers

Controversial satirist doubles down after being charged in court today


Already facing a charge earlier today for allegedly uploading offensive material online with the intention to annoy or offend, 44-year-old political satirist Fahmi Reza seems to have doubled down on his belief in safeguarding personal freedom of expression and liberty. – EMMANUEL SANTA MARIA CHIN/The Vibes pic, February 10, 2022


KUALA LUMPUR – Popular graphic artist Fahmi Reza has issued a public “apology” to all pigs in and out of the country for tarnishing their names by linking them to what he had called “useless” ministers in the country.

Already facing a charge earlier today for allegedly uploading offensive material online with the intention to annoy or offend, the 44-year-old activist seems to have doubled down on his belief in safeguarding personal freedom of expression and liberty.

“I would like to refer to a Twitter posting akin to Attachment A below that had offended the party targeted by the posting.

“After being subjected to the charge in court this morning because of this posting, I repent and have made the decision to write a public apology, hoping that the party involved in this posting will forgive me for my wrongdoing in making an irresponsible comparison.

“Therefore, I, Fahmi Reza, as the individual responsible for this posting and this graphic art, humbly ask for a thousand apologies to all pigs in and out of Malaysia because I equated and linked you to useless ministers who are still in power in our country,” said Fahmi on his Instagram account.


“Good comes from God. The bad from the ministers,” he added.

At press time, his post had received 7,915 likes, with some readers commenting that the artist had gotten them “in the first half”.

After his court hearing today, the graphic artist had vowed that he will continue defending his satirical postings.

“No matter how many times I have been called up by police, investigated by them, arrested by them, and even hauled to court, it will not stop me from producing my artworks, because I feel this is a form of freedom and a means for us citizens to voice and express ourselves.

“I will keep on fighting, whatever the case may be, especially if it is attempting to stifle our liberty. I will continue to fight for my rights, and I will continue to defend my satire artworks, because satire is not a crime,” he said.

Fahmi made these comments after posting a bail of RM5,000 at the courthouse here, following the charge made against him under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 this morning. – The Vibes, February 10, 2022

1 comment:

  1. All freedom loving Malaysians must support this brave man.

    ReplyDelete