Sunday, August 16, 2026

Voters like Bersama, but think it cannot win, says Rafizi

 


Voters like Bersama, but think it cannot win, says Rafizi

Voters like Bersama, but think it cannot win, says Rafizi

Bersama leader Rafizi Ramli says while many may agree with its ideas, they still prefer established parties they think have a better chance of winning.

Rafizi Ramli
Rafizi Ramli said voters dissatisfied with Pakatan Harapan may choose Barisan Nasional instead because they doubt Bersama can defeat PH.
PETALING JAYA:
Bersama’s biggest challenge is not getting voters to accept the party, but convincing them that it has a chance of winning elections, says party leader Rafizi Ramli.

Rafizi said some voters liked what Bersama had to offer, but were reluctant to support a new party against more established political blocs.

“It’s not about whether they accept us, but whether they have full confidence that we can make a difference,” he said at a Bersama event in Shah Alam today, citing statements such as “I like your ideas, but you are too new. Let the big boys battle it out first”.

He said the same applied to voters dissatisfied with Pakatan Harapan (PH), who may choose Barisan Nasional instead because they doubt Bersama can defeat PH.

“I meet many non-Malays who say, ‘I’m crying inside when I vote. I don’t want to vote for PH, DAP or PKR any more. But you are new and cannot defeat Umno, so I cannot split my vote. I have to give my vote to PH’.”

He said it would take time for Bersama to overcome this perception.

Party co-leader Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad identified Selangor as a potential key battleground for Bersama, saying the state’s urban and highly educated electorate presented the party with an opportunity to make inroads.

“Selangor can swing very fast and its voters do not have tribal loyalty. Our commitment is to go solo as far as possible. We don’t want to be tied to other parties,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment