Friday, May 22, 2026

Wong Chen claims office barred from MyKhas Portal, faces disruption on allocations





Subang MP Wong Chen has claimed his office has been denied access to the government's MyKhas Portal account. - Social media pic, May 22, 2026


Wong Chen claims office barred from MyKhas Portal, faces disruption on allocations


Subang MP says parliamentary office access blocked without notice due to 'instructions of superiors in Putrajaya'


Scoop Reporters
Updated 30 seconds ago
22 May, 2026
12:44 PM MYT


KUALA LUMPUR – Subang MP Wong Chen has claimed his office has been denied access to the government’s MyKhas Portal account, a disruption affecting key constituency allocations and welfare initiatives.

The portal, managed by the Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU) under the Prime Minister’s Department, is essential for uploading, managing, and processing applications under the Projek Mesra Rakyat (PMR), as well as other critical constituency programmes for Subang residents.

“This service disruption was discovered on Wednesday, 20th May 2026, at 12:00 PM, when my officer attempted to upload several PMR funding applications for schools within the Subang parliamentary constituency,” Wong said in a statement.

“Upon contacting the relevant authorities, my officer was orally informed by a civil servant that access had been blocked on the explicit instructions of superiors in Putrajaya.”

Wong’s office immediately requested restoration and a formal explanation via email on 20th May. Physical copies of the request were hand-delivered to both ICU JPM Selangor and the ICU JPM Headquarters in Putrajaya on May 21. He said as of 10am today, access has not been restored, nor has a written explanation been provided.

He said a review with other government backbenchers in Selangor, including PKR MPs who attended the Hala Tuju Politik Rafizi Ramli and Nik Nazmi event last Sunday, revealed that their accounts remain fully accessible.

“If selective treatment has indeed taken place, it is deeply regrettable and directly contradicts the Madani principles of a fair, transparent, and professional administration,” Wong added.

The Subang MP highlighted his office’s long-standing reputation for professionalism.

“For many years, the ICU JPM Selangor has recognised my office as a model parliamentary office, consistently commended for managing and processing files, documentation, and financial accounts related to government allocations in a professional, orderly, and procedurally compliant manner,” he said.

“Denying us access without notice or justification not only disrupts essential welfare initiatives for the people of Subang, but also unfairly tarnishes the excellent reputation of my administrative staff.”

Wong called the incident “poor governance” and demanded the immediate restoration of access and an official written explanation from the Prime Minister’s Department.

On May 17, Wong signalled a possible departure from PKR, indicating his intention to join Parti Bersama Malaysia (PBM) in the future.

“If I decide to stand in the next general election, it will be as a Bersama candidate,” Wong told Scoop in a brief text message.

The move follows the resignations of former PKR leaders Rafizi and Nik Nazmi, who vacated their Pandan and Setiawangsa parliamentary seats respectively to join PBM. – May 22, 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment