Wednesday, August 09, 2023

“I went to Jeram to support my old friend, not PN,” clarifies KJ




“I went to Jeram to support my old friend, not PN,” clarifies KJ




FORMER UMNO youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin insisted that his recent presence at Perikatan Nasional (PN) candidate Datuk Harisson Hassan’s campaign in Puncak Alam, Selangor for the Jeram state seat was a show of support for the candidate and not for the party.


The former Rembau MP, via the “Keluar Sekejap” podcast which he hosts together with former UMNO information chief Shahril Hamdan, confirmed that his presence at the campaign was simply to help the candidate.

“Yes, that’s right. I went down to Jeram recently to help the candidate, not for the party. Many people said I went down to help PN and so on, but I think in the state competition, we all have the option to choose whom to support,” he said in the podcast which was uploaded yesterday (Aug 8).


Khairy, who is also the former health minister, also said that the state elections should not only revolve around the party as focus should be on the candidate as well.

“In that spirit, I went to Jeram because of the candidate Harisson. Apart from being my old friend, we also joined UMNO youth in the late 1990s together.

“Harisson was also my proposer when I contested in Sungai Buloh in the last 15th General Election (GE15) and he was with me every day, all the time.

“So, why can’t I return the favour without being attacked by Twitter fanatics who say it’s better for me to be declared a Bersatu member and so on,” he added.

Khairy also stated that he will also be supporting Datuk Seri Reezal Merican Naina Merican’s campaign for the Bertam state constituency seat.

“He is from Barisan Nasional (BN), one of my best friends in UMNO. So, I will go to support Reezal because he is the best candidate for Bertam. I take that approach and stance. I support the candidates in this state elections not any party.”

On Monday (Aug 7), Khairy was spotted at Puncak Alam, Selangor to show his support for PN candidate Harrison who is contesting for the Jeram state constituency seat in Selangor.

Harisson will be up against Datuk Jahaya Ibrahim from BN for the seat this Saturday (Aug 12) in Selangor state elections. – Aug 9, 2023


1 comment:

  1. Clever - this way, he still has his feet in PN and PH (despite being sacked from UMNO).

    I believe he still is a moderate and would not commit to PN fully yet.

    ReplyDelete