Monday, June 20, 2022

Another Bersatu MP seeking greener pastures





Another Bersatu MP seeking greener pastures


Puncak Borneo MP Willie Mongin has confirmed that he had applied to be a Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) member several months ago.

According to the Borneo Post, Willie said he did not join any party after leaving PKR in February 2020 but was "parked" under Bersatu.

"That is true. I have submitted my application to join PBB with the hope that they will accept my application.

"Just for the record, when the government changed, I have not joined any party, but I do not deny that I'm being parked to support the government, and they have technically parked me under Bersatu.

"This is done so that I can make the numbers to support the government of the day," he told Borneo Post during a function in Kuching today.

According to Parliament's website, Willie's party affiliation was listed as "Bersatu".

Willie is the second Bersatu MP, and Zuraida Kamaruddin to have confirmed that they were leaving their party in recent weeks.

While Zuraida was an appointed member of the Bersatu supreme council, Willie does not hold any position in the party's top leadership.

Willie and Zuraida were among 10 MPs who defected from PKR in February 2020. Following this, he was made deputy minister during the Muhyiddin Yassin administration and the current Ismail Sabri Yaakob administration.

Stressing that he supported the current government at both the federal and Sarawak level, Willie said he wishes to continue serving the public.

"I hope this will continue, and I believe we can work together on the same political platform to ensure the stability of not only the federal but also the state government.

"Only with a stable government can the state and the country actually continue to move forward," he said.

During the 2018 general elections, Willie wrested the Puncak Borneo seat from PBB's James Dawos Mamit.

1 comment:

  1. "Stressing that he supported the current government at both the federal and Sarawak level, Willie said he wishes to continue serving the public."

    Don't you love it when frogs pontificate about continuing to serve the rakyat when they jump ship.

    And like Zuraida, he still wants his ministerial gaji.

    I say to him and Zuraida, if you really want to serve the public as minister and deputy minister, forego your salaries. Settle for a simple perhaps MR3000 to MR5000 monthly allowance.

    I and (I am sure) many others will applaud and support you.

    ReplyDelete