Friday, October 11, 2024

Najib: I'm innocent, I didn't order Altantuya's murder








Najib: I'm innocent, I didn't order Altantuya's murder


Shahrin Aizat Noorshahrizam
Published: Oct 11, 2024 4:29 PM



Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak has again stressed that he had no role in the murder of Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu, stating that he never knew, met, or ordered her killing.

Testifying at the Shah Alam High Court today, Najib responded to questions posed by his lawyer Muhammad Shafee Abdullah.

The counsel asked if Najib had any knowledge of or connection to Altantuya, as claimed in chapter 42 of the book “My Story: Justice In The Wilderness” by former attorney-general Tommy Thomas.

“I have never known her, never met her, and I have never given such an order. I am innocent of the heinous crime, I am not involved in Altantuya’s murder. I have stated this on record and sworn this on multiple occasions,” the former premier said at the first full hearing of his defamation suit against Thomas.

His witness statement came on the heels of Najib’s former bodyguard Azilah Hadri escaping the gallows yesterday as the Federal Court commuted the latter’s sentence to 40 years imprisonment plus 12 strokes of cane for the murder of the 28-year-old model.

[More to follow]

No comments:

Post a Comment