Saturday, September 14, 2024

Genocidal carnage continues unabated in Gaza with votive offerings of child sacrifices a la Jephthah

 

al Jazeera:


Death toll rises for Israeli strike on home in Gaza City

Nine people are now confirmed dead after the Israeli military bombed the Bustan family home in the city’s Tuffah neighbourhood, our Al Jazeera Arabic colleagues report.

At least three children and a woman are among the dead. We will bring you updates when we have them.

Israeli military bombs home in Gaza City, killing woman

The deadly Israeli strike is the second to hit the Omrani family home in the Shujayea neighbourhood east of Gaza City, according to the Shehab news agency and the Palestine Information Center.

Several people also injured in the attack have been transferred to the al-Ahli Arab Hospital in northern Gaza.

We will bring you more information when we have it.


‘My heart broke when I saw my son torn apart’: Survivor of school attack

More from Al Mezan’s report on Israel’s deadly attack on al-Jaouni school:

Raed Ahmed Abdelrahman Tabasha, 48, told the advocacy group that he lost his eight-year-old son in Wednesday’s attack and that the bombing took place as displaced children were preparing for a football match.

“The schoolyard was filled with a large crowd, including my children, who were excited to watch the game. Suddenly, I heard two deafening explosions. Shrapnel scattered everywhere, and the scene quickly turned chaotic: The eastern building was heavily damaged, and there were injured people and scattered body parts all around,” Tabasha said.

“In the midst of the chaos, I rushed to find my children. My heart broke when I saw my son, Ahmad Raed Ahmed Tabasha, just eight years old, torn apart and lying under the rubble. I also saw five other victims who had been dismembered,” he said.


‘In that terrifying moment, I lost consciousness’: Survivor recounts Israeli attack on UN-school

Palestinian advocacy group, Al Mezan, published a field report on Israel’s deadly attack on the UN-run al-Jaouni school in central Gaza on Wednesday.

Al Mezan said Israeli missiles hit the school’s eastern building, which had three floors. One of the missiles penetrated all three floors, destroying the science lab that was being used to store food supplies for the displaced families.

At least 16 Palestinians, including four children and six UNRWA staff members, were killed. At least 25 more were wounded.

Fadel Ali Rabea al-Bordini, a 59-year-old survivor, told Al Mezan he was having lunch with 17 members of his extended family when he heard a loud explosion.

“I sustained an injury to my left ear. I saw my daughters-in-law and grandchildren lying on the ground. The force of the blast had caused our tent to collapse,”  he said.

“When I managed to get up and look around, the scene was overwhelming: People were sprawled on the ground, blood was streaming from their bodies, and scattered body parts were littered around the tent. In that terrifying moment, I lost consciousness. When I came to, I found myself in Al-Aqsa Hospital.”

No comments:

Post a Comment