Sunday, November 19, 2023

Bersih chairman resigns


FMT:

Bersih chairman resigns



Thomas Fann cites lack of support for his attempt to ‘evolve Bersih into a people’s institution’.



Bersih chairman Thomas Fann said his attempts to ‘evolve’ the NGO were rejected, so he felt that he should step down.


PETALING JAYA: Thomas Fann has announced his resignation as chairman of Bersih, shortly after his re-election to the post.

“As of today, I have tendered my resignation as chairman of Bersih. To ensure a smooth transition of leadership until a new chair is elected, I will remain in the post for two months. I am committed to this smooth handover.

“Though I won the chairmanship uncontested for another term, it is clear to me that my efforts to evolve Bersih into a people’s institution were rejected by the majority of the endorsing NGOs of Bersih,” Fann said.

MORE TO COME

No comments:

Post a Comment