Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dr M exposed Khairy J's power over ministers

In an interview with the International Herald Tribune, Dr Mahathir provided responses that are highly damaging to AAB's suitability to be the PM of Malaysia - see extract below:

Q: Let's get to the substance of your return to politics. What do you think Abdullah's biggest blunders have been?

Dr M: I promised not to interfere with the government. For two years I did not interfere with his government. But what I noticed is that from the very beginning his family members became involved in government process. They actually attended government meetings although they had no status whatsoever.

There is clear evidence that the son-in-law (Khairy Jamaluddin) has very big say even in the appointment of ministers, even in the choice of candidates for the election. I have been told by the very people who have experienced this that he rings up chief ministers to give certain projects to certain people, including to his mother. This is something that I believe is absolutely true because the person who lost the project was very unhappy and he told me ...

my underlining

Q: What state was this in and what project was it?

Dr M: Prawn culture in the state of Perlis and a contract I believe in the state of Negri Sembilan.

No comments:

Post a Comment