Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tudung, Sarong & Telephone

This Reuter report is very interesting:

“Up to a third of telephone users in the Britain make calls in the nude, with men more prone to do it without clothes than women, a survey revealed on Thursday.”

“Research commissioned by Britain’s Post Office, which offers a fledgling home phone service, revealed that 40 percent of men admitted to nattering naked compared with 27 percent of women. The results were based on a survey of 1,500 telephone users.”


Only 27%! I am a bit disappointed. I wonder whether wearing sarong without undies would count as naked, because my sarong would always slip down whenever I answer the phone?

Imagine the following telephone conversation!

Fu: Datuk, koyak lah!* Where I put my face now?

* torn, ripped apart

Datuk: Alamak* Fu, it’s almost 11:45 pm, and you’re moaning to me about ‘face’. I want to put mine on the pillow now. But what are you moaning about?

* Malay exclamation

Fu: It’s the police tudung* business lah. How can man?

* Muslim female headscarf

Datuk: Relax lah, Fu. It’s only a storm in a teacup! We’ve more important matters to worry about?

Fu (suddenly alert): You mean he who cannot be named? That's no teacup storm, Datuk!

Datuk (sigh): I want to sleep on that. Can you on yours?

Fu: Banyak susah loh*, this tudung for me banyak susah loh!

* terribly difficult

Datuk: Fu, you’re repeating youself on the banyak susah loh. Look, the police like their women covered up. In fact, come to think of it, they like their 'everything' covered up.

Fu: Not when it’s naked or bald, hehehe!

Datuk (smiling): Or video-ed! That’s the spirit Fu, keep up your sense of humour. I had mud splattered in my face today when that Bakri told everyone while I was there that his organization rejected my decision outright. Lu* banyak susah, wah lebih** banyak susah. Where’s my face now?

* you; ** I am even more …

Fu: Datuk, I am really koyak with this tudung business. How to get re-elected now? I feel very naked.

Datuk: Hehehe, you think you’re like the Mat Sallehs*, talking in the nude? Why would you worry? You re-election will be under UMNO’s sarong. Goodnight Fu, sleep tight & hang on to your sarong hehehe!

* English

No comments:

Post a Comment