Friday, June 03, 2022

Delusional 'Tuk



Dr M: “I would still be PM if not for Anwar”




TUN Dr Mahathir Mohamad said that he would still be prime minister had it not been for PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

The Pejuang chairperson said in an interview with Malay daily Utusan Malaysia that after his resignation as prime minister on Feb 24, 2022 the Yang di-Pertuan Agong had to determine which member of parliament (MP) held the majority support.

“If not because of Anwar I would still be prime minister. When I resigned, the Agong asked all 220 MPs to write down their choice for prime minister,” Mahathir recalled.

“I thought Pakatan Harapan (Pakatan) would choose me because I was with [Pakatan] but Anwar said he had a lot of support. [Harapan] gave Anwar 92 votes while I had 62 which are not from Pakatan but from others…I don’t know who.

“If I received 62 votes and if I still receive 92 votes, I would have 154 and I would be prime minister but [Anwar] caused me to lose [and] he lost as well.”

Mahathir said this when explaining that Pejuang will continue to reject working under a grand opposition with Pakatan if it is led by Anwar or Bersatu president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

***

kt comments:

Truly delusional - shouldn't he have directed those 62 votes to support Anwar as per his pledge to Pakatan?


No comments:

Post a Comment