We have more from the Democratic candidate’s comments to CNN.
Abdul El-Sayed made clear that his opposition to unconditional aid for foreign governments extends to defensive military technology, including Israel’s Iron Dome system.
“I don’t believe that there’s really a difference between offensive or defensive weapons, and I also don’t believe it’s my responsibility to buy defensive weapons for a foreign government when our kids are defenceless against schools that have been underfunded for a very, very long time,” he said.
“My responsibility as the next senator from Michigan is children in Michigan, rather than thinking about what’s in the interest of a foreign government.”
When asked to confirm if he opposes funding for defensive systems like the Iron Dome, El-Sayed reiterated his position.
“I am against it, in large part because I just don’t understand why anybody thinks it’s the right thing to do to send our tax dollars abroad to fund foreign militaries when our own kids barely get to go to schools that are functional.”
No comments:
Post a Comment