Monday, October 18, 2021

Nur Sajat now can eff JAIS





'I don't feel safe' - Sajat settles down in Australia

Cosmetic entrepreneur Nur Sajat confirmed that she has permanently left for Australia, citing that she did not feel safe in Malaysia amid a syariah court case against her for "dressing as a woman" at a religious event three years ago.

The 36-year-old also confirmed she has been granted permanent residence status in Australia where she plans to restart her business.

Sajat, a transperson, acknowledged that she was leaving family, property and business behind but said she cannot be happy in Malaysia.

"Now that I'm free, I can carry on with my life. Money can be earned but happiness can't be bought. For me, I'm happy being in a country that accepts who I am, and that's what I really want.

"Over there (Malaysia) I wasn't happy, but because I still have respect, I chose to leave. I just want to find freedom, that's all," said Sajat through an Instagram live session at around 4pm Malaysia time earlier today.

Throughout the video, she repeatedly said she is now in a much happier place and thanked parties including the Australian Embassy for their assistance.

Currently in self-quarantine after arriving in Sydney from Thailand, Sajat said her immediate plans include accepting an interview with a local Australian media interested in her story.

Responding to her followers, Sajat denied she was fleeing from debtors, stating that she had attended every hearing for a suit filed against her in 2018 by a Malaysian company.

Instead, Sajat said she only chose to leave Malaysia following the syariah case against her.

"I gave up because I feel the (syariah) case should not have happened. I felt unsafe and so I fled. After that when the (syariah) case was called in February, I did not show up in court," she said.

An arrest warrant had been issued against her for not attending the court hearing.

Sajat had pleaded not guilty to a charge under Section 10 (a) of the Syariah Crimes (State of Selangor) Enactment 1995 which provides for a maximum fine of RM5,000 or imprisonment not exceeding three years or both, if convicted.

She was accused of dressing up as a woman at a religious event and brought Islam into contempt.



Cosmetic entrepreneur Nur Sajat

'Religion a personal matter'

Questioned on her religious belief, Sajat said: "Religion is a personal matter".

"If I am still a Muslim, let me be with my Islam, and you with yours. You do not need to judge me, and we will respect each other.

"There is no need to say 'Sajat has sinned'... While I appreciate that you feel you need to advise me, but I have my stand, and we just respect each other," she said.

Asked about her ties with Malaysia, Sajat hinted that she is at a point of no return, while maintaining communication with her parents and adopted children.

In September, Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department director Abd Jalil Hassan confirmed that Sajat was arrested, charged and fined by Thailand immigration authorities for using an invalid passport.

Malaysian immigration authorities had voided her passport and then informed Thai authorities in an apparent bid to extradite her.

Abd Jalil had reportedly said that Sajat was also wanted in Malaysia under Section 186 of the Penal Code for obstructing a public officer and Section 353 of the Penal Code for using criminal force to obstruct a public officer.

It was also reported that Sajat had applied for refugee status from the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) office in Bangkok and was preparing to move to Australia, even as Malaysia deliberated on her extradition.

5 comments:

  1. I would like to repeat my best wishes to Nur.

    I sincerely hope you find peace and happiness in your new home, Australia.

    We must also thank countries like Australia for providing shelter for the persecuted individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Usual the persecuted run and seek refuge in White Man's Land. This time the Land of the Free and Easy Junior. Why not run to 5000 yo Bullyland?

    Even the father of children accidentally killed in the Kabul drone attack seeks refuge in the country that launched the drones.

    Very Aneh.

    So now I expect the anti LGBTQs to protes in front of the Oz High Commission on Friday after prayers. But over Sirul who supposedly murdered Altantuya nobody protes? Nobody wants him back in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wakakakakaka…

      Very Aneh, INDEED!

      Ooop… early days yet.

      Then the truth of "Land of the Free and Easy" would put pay for these blurred farts &/or their offsprings to turn radicalized as those now happened in yabkeeland, pommieland, dingoland etc etc.

      Cultural shocks?

      Or more like the crash of that "Land of the Free and Easy" dream that these blurs r been indoctrinated.

      Delete
  3. Good riddance.

    By the way, are u sure it's not bcoz of the creditors?

    Muslims n Jais shudn't waste too much precious time on him, not worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAIS reportedly deployed 100 officers in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic yo hunt her down.

    Surely those 100 JAIS officers could be more humanely deployed to aid the needy , with so many families struggling during the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete