Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Larry Sng claims to be an Independent and will back anti-frogology laws

FMT:

I’ll back anti-hop laws, says defector Larry Sng


Julau MP Larry Sng said his move benefitted his constituents and not him. (Bernama pic)

PETALING JAYA: Julau MP Larry Sng, who quit PKR to become a Perikatan Nasional-friendly independent MP, says he will personally support any law to stop elected representatives from party hopping.

“I will support an anti-hopping law. It resonates with my conscience. However, I maintain that Independents have the right to choose which party to stay with or go to. That’s because their mandate when elected is not bound to any party,” he told FMT.

Sng was asked if he would support any anti-defection law to prevent destabilising governments in power as future elections could result in slim majorities, as seen in the country over the last year.

Sng, who had won as an independent before joining PKR in Sarawak, and Tebrau MP Stephen Choong left the party and declared their full support for Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin as independents on Sunday.

On allegations that millions of ringgit had been transacted in the recent crossovers, the MP insisted that he did not personally and financially benefit from his decision to quit PKR, adding it did not matter to him that people were making all kinds of allegations about his move.

“What I can say is that I didn’t personally profit from my resignation. My move only benefitted my constituents.

“My conscience is clear. I work for my people in Julau and am not interested in being involved in constant politicking. The government needs help to fight this pandemic. People must come first,” he told FMT.

He was asked whether the harsh comments on social media that described his act as treacherous, and that millions of ringgit were involved to lure the two MPs, was justified.

When told many politicians had argued that it was a poor example to cite the lack of funds to develop the constituency as he was in the opposition, Sng said politicians from the peninsula and urban areas would have no idea of the challenges the people in Julau face.

“They can say all they want. My area is the poorest in the country. These critics will never know what the people in Julau have to go through. So it’s unfair to judge,” he said.


4 comments:

  1. Oh poor thing! To be wrongly accused of benefitting from his froggy move.

    And he is against hopping around! Because it "resonates with my conscience" But, but, but "my move benefitted my constituents. I did not benefit personally!"

    "However,I maintain that independents have the right to choose which party to stay with or go to"

    Wonderful logic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strongest, rock-solid, frog-free party led by Father and Son is always ignored as a stabilizing force.

    Still 42/222 = 19%.

    Bagi lah chan uruskan ekonomi, kesihatan, pendidikan dsb. Parti-parti lain boleh Terus Main Politik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. larry sing a good singer, he sing what audience love to hear while do the exact opposite, mean he is also good in acting, another handsome cum multi talented dickhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pity Larry Sng...sob..sob...sob...he will be without any party backing him for GE15..

    Cry for Larry Sng....shed crocodile tears... hahahahha

    ReplyDelete