Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sassy Sweetie Sweeps Stakes, & R.I.P Gerakan?

Sweetie Teresa Kok has retained her Seputeh seat with a humongous 20 UPDATED 36,565 majority - it's a sexy tsunami, and has won Kinrara too with a 4901 majority. Good on you, darling. What a Wonder Woman. To paraphrase Neil Sedaka:

Oh Carol, you are but a fool,
Darling I love you ;-)
But you treat Sassy cruel

And DAP may just do what Gerakan did in 1969, becoming the 2nd opposition party to win the State of Penang and form the next State government.

Penangites have spoken. I await the final news eagerly.

Other Penang notes from Malaysiakini:

Dr Rama has won Baru Kawan and kicked Raja Bodek out. The Raja is dead, long live Rama. But I hope Raja will keep his word and not enter Parliment by the back door via the Senate.

Jeff Ooi is leading and likely to win - I have to admit I was a bit worried for him, preferring Jeff to go for Gelugor but it's OK now.

Likewise with the Lion of Gelugor - well done, Ji

Lim GE is also leading in Bagan,

And best of all, my personal vote in Bukit Bendera is making a huge impact (ha ha ha) with Liew (unbelievably) leading the very popular Chia Kwang Chye.

Before the night is out I think the Gerakan Party will be no more - a sad but just ending for a party that has forgotten its glorious Genesis. RIP, Gerakan!

2 comments:

  1. My friend called. He's in Kuala Lumpur right now. He wanna know if he needs a passport to enter Penang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a bit sad for Gerakan overall. I personally know very good and sincere people in the party. But the leadership has let them down (you know who is the biggest culprit - get rid of him as leader tomorrow morning).
    Along the way the Party forgot what it once stood for.

    ReplyDelete