Saifuddin Nasution hits out at recycled false claims of Home Ministry granting citizenship en masse to foreigners

Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said some parties continued to recycle previously corrected claims to confuse the public and stir racial tensions. — Bernama pic
Summary
- Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has refuted claims that the Home Ministry granted mass citizenship to foreign nationals, specifically addressing the allegation involving 1.2 million Chinese nationals in Malaysia.
- Despite his repeated denials and provision of factual evidence, misleading videos and narratives continue to circulate, which he warns could incite racial tensions and undermine public trust in state institutions.
- Saifuddin Nasution urged the public to verify information with official sources before sharing and to use social media responsibly to prevent the spread of misinformation.
First Published: Wednesday, 19 Aug 2026 10:33 AM MYT
Last Modified: Wednesday, 19 Aug 2026 10:34 AM MYT
PUTRAJAYA, Aug 19 — Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has denied claims that the Home Ministry (KDN) granted citizenship en masse to foreign nationals and that 1.2 million Chinese nationals had remained in Malaysia.
Saifuddin Nasution said he had denied the allegations on numerous occasions, but some people continued to deliberately recycle videos, posters and narratives relating to the issue.
“I have repeatedly rejected these claims and have provided explanations backed by facts and official data.
“Yet some parties continue to deliberately recycle videos, posters and narratives that have already been corrected to confuse the public and stir racial tensions and hatred,” he said in a post on his official social media accounts today.
Saifuddin Nasution said the matter had already been explained officially, with the facts documented in earlier statements and media reports.
“The dissemination of such defamatory claims not only tarnishes the reputation of individuals or institutions, but more worryingly, can undermine public confidence in state institutions, stir racial hatred, disrupt public order and threaten national security,” he said.
He urged everyone to stop spreading such claims and not to exploit sensitive issues for political interests or social media attention.
“I also call on the public to check the accuracy of information with official sources before accepting or sharing it.
“Use social media responsibly. Facts are facts, and data is data. Do not let false claims override the truth,” he said.
Several posters alleging that KDN had granted citizenship to foreigners en masse have been widely circulated on social media. — Bernama
***
And these liars called themselves 'God-fearing' 😕😔😖
Bagi lah Falastinos Bolehland Citizenship, like for Bosnians.
ReplyDeleteBikin Serupa Cakap.