Pages

Monday, August 31, 2026

Maduro: “Venezuela will be reborn"

 



Trump Announces Historic Deal with Venezuela for Oil

 

President Donald Trump said his administration reached an agreement with Venezuela involving access to 65 billion barrels of the country’s proven oil reserves, while Venezuela’s acting president said her country would retain ownership and sovereignty over the resources.

Trump announced the agreement Aug. 28 and said it was negotiated by Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and acting Venezuelan President Delcy Rodríguez. Rodríguez’s government said the agreement covers 17 oil fields with proven potential of 65 billion barrels and could bring $100 billion in investment and more than $209 billion in taxes to Venezuela.

A U.S. official familiar with the agreement, speaking to AP on condition of anonymity, said the United States would partner with an unnamed private operator in a new company holding 100-year development rights to the fields. The official said the United States would receive 55% of the company’s effective output through an ownership stake and rights to purchase oil at cost.

Rodríguez said in a televised address that Venezuela would retain ownership and sovereignty over its resources while using outside capital, technology and operational capacity. RT reported Aug. 30 that Rodríguez described the arrangement as a 25-year deal involving the 17 oil fields.

The U.S. official cited by AP said oil bought from the venture would be used to replenish the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve and for military purposes. Venezuela holds an estimated 303 billion barrels of crude reserves, about 17% of the world total, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration figures cited by AP.

Any substantial production increase is expected to take time. AP reported that repairing and expanding Venezuela’s deteriorated oil infrastructure would require years and billions of dollars in investment.

GhostofBasedPatrickHenry: Let’s start by checking in on our boy, Nicolas Maduro. (He’s posting on X from prison.)

“Venezuela will be reborn".”

It certainly seems that way.

They say that I’m not allowed to like this guy because allegedly he did a bunch of terrible things that nobody can quite specify, and when I ask them for details I’m told to stop being naive and that he’s a communist dictator and blah blah blah…

None of it makes any sense. Nobody can lay out a clean timeline that explains why Venezuela had a starving population in the 1980’s and 90’s, then after Hugo Chavez seized power (with Maduro as his Vice President) they suddenly became the dominant economy in Latin America. Then Chavez—who, after watching footage of him from his weekly reality TV show that he hosted while president, reminds me a lot of Donald Trump—gets cancer and dies and there’s a national mourning and it legitimately seems like people were fond of him. His dying wish during his last televised appearance (appearing next to Maduro, who is crying) is for the people to rally around Maduro and help him make Venezuela great. Chavez clarifies that he cannot mandate Maduro to be leader, the people must choose him. Fox News says that when Maduro came into power he implemented all of these communist programs, but that’s not true. He just maintained what Chavez already had in place, which had worked well up until 2014 when the globalists manipulated the price of oil in order to crash the economies of Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.

All throughout Chavez and Maduro’s tenures—when we were being told that they were ruthless dictators—Maria Corona Machado is visiting the Bush White House and openly calling for Chavez (and later Maduro) to be overthrown and for a new government to be implemented. She is funded entirely by the State Department (USAID) and the National Endowment for Democracy. We even get a dramatic scene in 2012 when she stands up and confronts Chavez in legislature on television, and he handles it like a total boss and makes her look like an idiot.

Do ruthless dictators allow vocal dissidents to hold office and visit foreign leaders and during those visits call for the overthrow of said ruthless dictator?

And I haven’t even gotten into the juicy details of how Chavez dealt with the oil companies, which seemed rather fair, and that the Bush cartel immediately went to work trying to destroy Chavez’s reputation and image.

I’ve watched hours and hours of footage of both Chavez and Maduro, and I’ve seen them both speak truthfully on the subjects of Israel/Palestine, the CIA, the assassination of JFK, the central banking system, the oil industry, and countless other subjects—none of which I have ever heard an American politician address, save for Donald Trump. And for those who would say, “well it’s easy for a ruthless dictator to get up and say those things and not mean it,” then why haven’t any American politicians done this? The most we get out of them is a sternly worded letter demanding to know what happened to JFK, when we all know that he was killed by the CIA and Mossad working in coordination with the Mafia. So why don’t they just say that? Even as just their opinion?

The truth is that Maduro is kind of a goofball. He’s actually a yuge goofball. Have you seen him dance? Ruthless dictators don’t dance like that. Ruthless dictators don’t make fools of themselves in order to cheer up an audience. Why would they? They are ruthless dictators—they don’t need the support of the people.

Why is it that both Hugo Chavez and Maduro could walk through crowds of thousands of people without really any security and nobody would touch them? If they were so bad then why weren’t they ripped to shreds? Or stabbed?

Why is it that after Maduro was “arrested,” thousands of people showed up to rallies in support of him, demanding his release? Would they not have been relieved to be rid of the ruthless dictator?

For those curious, I did do a Book of Trump episode (two, actually) on Hugo Chavez, and I plan to eventually do one on Maduro. There you can see the footage I am referencing. It’s pretty stunning to witness after being told your entire life that these guys are evil. Evil guys don’t act silly on stage and sing John Lennon songs and take goofy pictures from prison and post them online with Biblical scripture and sweet messages to his grandchildren.

Simply put, Maduro does not look like he is suffering in those pictures. He looks like a man at peace who is genuinely excited for the future of his country. I find Maduro (and many other world leaders) infinitely more endearing and likable than pretty much everyone in American politics. Sorry not sorry. American politics sucks. Our political leadership sucks. The Republican Party sucks. It’s just all so fake and gross.

I love Donald Trump. When he finally does decide to hang ‘em up, I don’t think I will be able to support anyone else. Not in the way I have supported Trump. They don’t deserve my attention. They haven’t earned it. They are all still simping for special interests and refusing to speak actual truth. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time. Maybe that will change, but right now I don’t see anyone who is inspiring or courageous. (They all just stick to the old talking points and follow Trump’s lead when it comes to new ideas.) I’m not going to lower my standards and settle for mediocrity, and you shouldn’t either. We should demand better leaders, like Donald Trump.

Anyway, as for the deal with Venezuela, it’s a big deal, of course. The GOP has obviously been lying to us about this country for years and we shouldn’t forgive them for doing that. (I hope Maduro gets the last laugh over the NeoCon scum. I’m seriously pulling for that guy.)

Delcy Rodriguez gave a speech where she broke it all down. It’s in Spanish so I’ll just share the link, but the general gist is a 25-year deal that aims to raise production to 1.5 million barrels a day. This oil will come from 17 (kek) oil fields, with 8 new exploration blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment